- 2 lbs flanken-cut beef ribs. Ask your halal butcher to cut a rack of beef ribs into individual 1/2 inch thick pieces. FYI, flanken cut is sometimes called Kalbi or Korean style. They are available online from some halal butchers (shepardmeats.com)
- 3 tablespoons Teri peri rub
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar, rice or apple
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pear, chopped (optional; will tenderize meat)
- 1/2 apple, chopped (optional; will tenderize meat)
- 1/2 kiwi peeled (optional; will tenderize meat)
- sliced green onions (garnish)
- sesame seeds (garnish)
- lime (garnish)
- Blend all ingredients, except the beef ribs. Reserve about 1/4 cup of this marinade for basting.
- Rinse beef ribs under water. They are machine cut and can have some residue or bone fragments.
- Place ribs in a ziplock back and pour marinade. Mix well. Marinate the beef ribs for 24-48 hours.
- Grill over high heat for about 3-5 minutes per side. When flipping, baste with a little reserved marinade.
- Squeeze lime juice over the ribs and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds
Leave a comment